Birth Trauma Injuries
Our Attorneys Fight For Families
In the medical field, trauma refers to a physical injury. As a result, birth trauma normally refers to a wide range of physical birth injuries sustained by children shortly before, during or shortly after birth.
Birth trauma injuries are often severe and result in permanent disabilities. There's also the emotional toll that birth trauma injuries take on mothers and the infants themselves. That's why it's important for medical professionals to do everything they can to avoid a traumatic birth injury.
Experienced doctors know how to identify possible warning signs of potential birth trauma injury. Unfortunately, many other doctors don't properly diagnose such conditions or fail to take such symptoms seriously enough early enough.
Some of the most common birth trauma injuries we often deal with at the Tyrone Law Firm, PC include:
- Bell's Palsy - A type of facial paralysis that affects newborn children.
- Brachial Plexus Injury - Injury to baby's brachial plexus, nerves located near back of neck which connect to the arms and hands.
- Broken Bones - Babies' bones can break during prolonged labor. Bone fractures are also common during delivery.
- Bruising - Bruises are especially common on baby's face due to difficult labor.
- Caput Succedaneum - Scalp swelling shortly after birth.
- Cephalohematoma - Excessive bleeding (hemorrhage) below a baby's protective membrane covering an infant's skull (periosteum).
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage - Bleeding in blood vessels in baby's eyes.
Some of the most common causes of birth trauma injuries include:
- Prolonged delivery
- Abnormal fetal position or presentation
- Misuse of forceps and extractors
If a doctor suspects the birth could be traumatic, every effort should be made to avoid such injuries. If necessary, the doctor should perform an emergency cesarean section (C-section) in order to avoid any potential harm caused by a traditional vaginal birth.
How We Can Help
Unfortunately, not all doctors take such warning signs or symptoms seriously enough. As a result, many children are born with serious birth trauma injuries. We know because our Atlanta law firm works with families dealing with such complicated cases throughout Georgia.
Our experienced attorneys know how to hold medical professionals accountable for their actions. We can negotiate with hospitals and insurance companies on behalf of your family. Our goal is to make sure your child has everything he or she needs to have the best possible quality of life after a traumatic birth.
We take our work very seriously at the Tyrone Law Firm, PC. That's because we understand the seriousness of such cases. The financial compensation we secure for families helps them deal with the lifelong consequences of someone else's reckless or negligent behavior.
Find out how our law firm can help your family. Contact us. We want to hear your story.
"We have a son with a birth injury and reached out to the Tyrone Law Firm for representation. We have had nothing but the most productive and informative meetings/talks/phone conversations with them from the start. We truly feel that they are fighting for us...for OUR SON...and they are doing this because they believe in justice for OUR SON."