Birth Injury Attorneys Explain Risks
When babies are born prematurely, there are many potential health problems that can affect the child's health for the rest of his or her life. That's why premature births are considered one of the most serious fetal risk factors as well as a serious birth injury risk factor.
There are many reasons why premature births occur. Common causes include:
- Preexisting health problems with the mother
- Poor nutrition during pregnancy
- Physical trauma during pregnancy
- Previous premature births
Doctors responsible for the health and well-being of the mother and child need to be aware of all these issues and more throughout the mother's pregnancy. And if something unexpected arises, doctors often need to react quickly to save the mother's life or prevent a permanent injury to the child.
That's why some physicians perform an emergency cesarean section (C-section). Unfortunately, some doctors don't take such warning signs seriously or fail to properly diagnose serious medical problems. As a result, mistakes happen and injuries occur.
When doctors make mistakes and the child is born prematurely, many serious health issues can occur that could result in life-long medical issues for the child. These include:
- Cerebral palsy - Muscle disorder that affects a child's ability to move or develop mentally.
- Brain injuries - Prematurely born babies may have lifelong developmental issues.
- Vision problems - Children born prematurely may have trouble seeing due to retinopathy, a disease that causes blood vessels to overgrow in the retina.
- Heart problems - Premature babies can have problems ranging from hypotension (low blood pressure) to irregular functioning of the heart.
- Breathing problems - Children born prematurely may have trouble breathing on their own. As a result, they might suffer from bronchopulmonary dysplasia, a chronic lung disease.
- Intestinal problems - Prematurely born children might have trouble properly digesting food for the rest of their lives.
Whatever health issues your child is experiencing due to being born premature, our law firm wants to help you demand the justice your family rightfully deserves.
Why Choose Us
Just because your child sustained a permanent injury during childbirth, don't simply assume the doctor or hospital that made a mistake will admit malpractice. In most cases, medical professionals refuse to acknowledge they did anything wrong.
That's why you need us. The Tyrone Law Firm, PC has years of experience successfully fighting for the rights of families in Atlanta and throughout Georgia. We know what questions to ask and what evidence to look for, and we frequently consult with medical experts to build the strongest possible legal case.
Trust the law firm parents trust when they need a lawyer the most. Contact our law firm and tell us your story. We offer a free case evaluation to all potential clients. And since we handle a select number of cases, we promise we can devote our attention to your family.